Sr Applications Devl Specialist (Remote)
Descripción del trabajo
Modifies applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
- Conducts and coordinates the analysis, design and implementation of computer based information systems to meet user requirements.
- Plans and directs preliminary studies of potential applications and prepares design proposals to reflect costs, time and alternative actions to satisfy existing and future needs.
- Participates in systems software development and maintenance as required.
- Conducts detailed analyses of defined systems specifications, develops all levels of block diagrams and flow charts.
- Assists in the preparation of costs analyses and justifications of data processing systems.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Conducts a full range of programming tasks including program design, program coding, debugging, and documentation for a variety of general applications programs including data manipulation, input and output routines.
- Programs logical interfaces and applies techniques for efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Develops operator and control instructions. Maintains and updates existing programs of a non-routine nature.
- Conducts systems programming and support activities such as new or revised segments of language codes or processing.
- May identify and implement root cause fixes to program, system and/or applications errors.
- Monitors effective hardware utilization, reviews system logic for optimum throughput.
- Work frequently includes program maintenance error detection & correction of existing codes and/or revisions to systems documentation.
Position can be Remote
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or related discipline, or knowledge acquired through equivalent experience Req
- Five (5) years experience in systems analysis/application programming Req
- As an alternative to the experience requirements listed above, possesses a minimum of two to five (2-5) years of related experience in Information Technology with a specific Technology Experience Ratio of 50-75% or higher (years of experience in the specific technology years the technology has existed). Req
- Demonstrated basic and some specialized systems and programming knowledge
- Exp. with Spark, Scala, Hadoop, Impala, SQL a plus
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red