Lab Assistant- General Support
Descripción del trabajo
Responsible for assisting senior laboratory staff with a variety of routine laboratory procedures. Assists laboratory in processing, storage and retrieval of specimens.
• Provides administrative and technical support to the lab.
• Maintains glassware for the laboratory
• Washes, rinses, dries, distributes and stores glassware such as test tubes, beakers, flasks and cylinder
• Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of work areas including disinfecting workbenches, materials, equipment and other laboratory areas.
• Prepares and sterilizes laboratory supplies, equipment and other materials.
• Responsible for tube labeling and preparation.
• Facilitates post-analysis storage and sample banking.
• May conduct routine equipment maintenance.
• May make simple buffers for lab prep.
• May be responsible for lab area organization.
• Assists in maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Assists with supply inventory functions and general clean up of laboratory workstations.
• Participates in continuing education through self study and attendance of meetings.
• Supports safety, quality, and 6S requirements and initiatives.
• Complies with company's procedures and regulatory requirements, as applicable.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• 0-6 months of relevant work experience preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS,AND ABILITIES
• Basic knowledge of practices and principles used in the laboratory.
• Basic knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
• Basic knowledge of general rules for safe exposure to chemical and blood borne pathogens.
• Basic knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures and hazardous waste management.
• Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology.
• Basic Computer skills.
• Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red