Sr Software Engineer
Descripción del trabajo
Designs, develops, implements and updates software systems in accordance with the needs of the organization.
Evaluates, schedules, and resources development projects; investigates user needs; and documents, tests and maintains computer programs.
• Defines and Carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements.
• Does Automation, writes test plans and detailed test scripts supporting test cases derived from an analysis of functional requirements and programming specifications.
• Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects prior to implementation. Documents and works to resolve all problems. Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
• Establishes software quality standards for life cycle, documentation, development methods, testing and maintenance. Establishes advanced software test standards and methods and conducts complex software tests.
• Works collaboratively with developers across regions.
• Models data for the purposes for analytics and reporting in order to facilitate clear and simple access to non-technical users across varying Business Units.
• Reviews business requirements with regards to reporting, advises on the pros and cons of the possible technical solutions.
• Translates those business needs into technical specifications and provides input to the requirements for the development of a solution.
• Develops a full understanding of all relevant medical data and the data processing platform in which it resides.
• Explores data the data to discover patterns, relationships, anomalies and trends.
• Creates reports, graphs and other visualizations to accurately and plainly represent stories within the data.
• Writing relational and multi-dimensional database queries.
• Perform code reviews and optimization of existing queries.
• Comprehensively and coherently documents work in Confluence.
• Tracks and defines work within JIRA.
Given the velocity of the technology field and the changing needs of the industries we interview for general knowledge and ability to learn more than specific existing knowledge.
While knowledge of some of the technologies we use is a plus, we consider knowledge of similar technologies a worthy substitute. Given the velocity of the technology field and the changing needs of the industries we interview for general knowledge and ability to learn more than specific existing knowledge.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable with all of the following activities:
• Java (or similar) programming, Scala (Perference), HTML, CSS, Declarative UI - react (Preference), angular@2, RESTFul Webservices, Github - src control and PRs
• Databases - PostgreSQL (Preference), Strong in SQL Queries
• Tool configuration
• Data mapping
• Execution, monitoring, and reporting
• Data integrity / transfer verification
• Values Collabrative Development (Pair Programming)
• Experience with REST architectures, relational and NoSQL databases.
Here are some of the key technologies currently used for these activities. Any combination of these skills is needed, NOT ALL ARE REQUIRED.
• Server: REST, Scala, SQL, Java
• Database & Search: PostgreSQL, Solr
• Build Automation: sbt, webpack, Bamboo
• Tools & Infrastructure: JIRA, Crucible+Fisheye, git, nexus
• Bachelor's Degree Computer Science required
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red