Engagement Manager, Commercial Outsourcing Services
Descripción del trabajo
Engagement Manager, Commercial Outsourcing Services
Overview – Commercial Outsourcing Services
IQVIA Commercial Outsourcing Services (or COS) is a market-leading analytics outsourcing division within IQVIA that helps manufacturers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry meet the challenges of today’s complex and evolving market landscape. COS uses the power of healthcare data to help its clients via long-term data analytics, forecasting, project management, and reporting services. COS engages with clients in the pharmaceutical and life sciences space and provides deep insight into patient, payer, and prescriber behavior. We help our clients make effective decisions regarding strategies for sales and marketing execution, payer and patient strategies, etc.
As an Engagement Manager with COS, you will focus primarily on client/project delivery of analytical or forecasting services while leading onshore and offshore teams and advising clients. You will build trusted relationships with new and existing clients and your success will be dependent upon your ability to relate well to clients and your teams while delivering high quality solutions and services which are based on industry datasets and strong analytical methodologies you will design in collaboration with others.
You will work onsite with clients (up to executive leadership) to develop solutions and insights, support business development activities and gain knowledge on the vast data science offerings of IQVIA. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute internally to the COS team in a number of ways including: support the recruitment of new hires, lead and mentor individuals through people management, maintain and participate in learning communities to build up subject-matter expertise, develop and benefit from training content available to the entire team.
- Develop and deliver insightful value-added solutions addressing client business needs and/or issues
- Oversee management of client relationships and contract requirements for product offerings, including managing the delivery our staffing teams
- Foster client relationships by working in their best interests
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical plans for renewal of existing business and growth based on new product/service sales with existing and new client organizations
- Identify value-added follow-on work and new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organizations
- Coordinate and collaborate with skilled teams to plan, organize and deliver timely, accurate, client focused work
- Provide follow-up with clients after project deliverables have been completed to ensure client satisfaction
- Provide direction, advice, and intellectual leadership for clients and delivery teams to ensure proper development of client reports and presentations
- Remain current on industry, clients, and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues with assigned clients
- Mentor, coach, and share subject matter expertise with others to help develop individuals and capabilities delivering world-class solutions for clients
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a track record of success across many of the following competencies:
- Analytical or Forecasting Services Delivery – Hands on experience managing analytical or forecasting engagements to the brand and commercial functions within Life Sciences organizations, focused on client satisfaction and outstanding client deliverables.
- Team Development/Management - Proven skills in identifying, recruiting, mentoring/coaching, and retaining top talent
- Pharmaceutical Commercialization/Launch Experience - Ability to speak in detail with clients about brand, launch and commercial strategy services/solutions, specifically in the life sciences industry segment, in a meaningful manner with depth of content knowledge
- Communications/Executive Presence - Expresses ideas in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to target audience with the gravitas to build relationships to sell services and recruit practitioners; Demonstrates a logical, structured approach, adapts to the needs of the situation and the nature of the audience; confirms the audience has understood the message. Beyond presenting clearly, this competency is also concerned with ensuring strong two-way communication.
- Industry Trends - Maintains a constant focus on industry, client and competitive trends in the life sciences industry. Applies this knowledge to both active client engagements and business/client development activities
- Analytical Problem-Solving - Applies an analytical approach to solving problems and reaching logical conclusions. Gathers information from a variety of sources and quickly gains an understanding of it. Works effectively with complicated, conflicting or ambiguous information, and looks beyond the surface of issues to identify their underlying patterns and causes
- Cooperative Teamwork - Builds supportive relationships within a team, based on trust and respect. Requires listening to others, adapts to other people's different work styles and focuses on shared goals. Willing to challenge others and accepts challenges as a way of getting the best results for the team
- Customer Focus - Develops strong, lasting relationships with clients. Possesses desire to understand and satisfy customers’ needs and exceed expectations whenever possible. .
- Decision-Making - Makes clear, appropriate decisions. Performs with incomplete or ambiguous information, and while under time pressure. Resilience in making unpopular decisions when necessary, and taking responsibility for outcomes and impacts of those decisions
- Flexibility - Responds well to change. Positive attitude toward change and a readiness to adapt when presented with new information, new situations or shifting priorities
- Influencing - Balances the need to shape outcomes in short term while maintaining successful long-term relationships. Knows how to motivate and inspire to achieve a common goal, and demonstrates key strategic negotiation tactics.
- Initiative - Constantly looks for things to do. Self-confident and proactive; generates activity for themselves rather than waiting for instruction. Prepared to take risks if potential benefit in results
- Innovation - Turns creative ideas into original solutions. Produces new or different approaches in current situations and enables creativity in others. Involved in generating ideas and seeing them through to implementation
- Planning and organizing - Establishes and prioritizes tasks and objectives in order to manage time and resources appropriately. Sets deadlines based on the time required, and on how each part of the plan affects others. Prepares backup plans in case the situation changes
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining IQVIA COS as an Engagement Manager should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred with 5-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical consulting or services industry
- Performance/results orientation
- Knowledge of IQVIA data assets and analytical methods required for delivery
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and networking skills
- Appreciation for people/team opinions and encouragement of knowledge sharing
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red