Descripción del trabajo
A Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist with various aspects of order processing to dispense medications to patients as promised in an accurate, safe and efficient manner. A Pharmacy Technician plays a critical role in proving patients and providers access to medications needed.
The information contained herein is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. AllCare Plus Pharmacy reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Build the required competency for program rules and pharmacy policies and procedures
- Register new patients into pharmacy systems with appropriate program designations
- Enter new prescription orders into the pharmacy system
- Answer in-bound calls to assister patients, providers and internal patient support services with inquiries
- Perform outbound calls to patients and providers to welcome to pharmacy and for refill prescription scheduling
- Escalate questions around medication usage and concerns to the pharmacist
- Document any reported Adverse Events (AE’s) per policy and procedure and escalate as appropriate to the pharmacist for complaints or clinical matters
- Facilitate scheduling for prescription delivery to patient or provider’s office following AllCare policies and procedures
- Assist in resolution of any carrier related delays or issues in expected shipment delivery
- Maintain current patient profiles per accreditation requirements as well as State and Federal regulations and laws
- Obtain and complete prescription transfers to and from other pharmacies as needed
- Assist in prescription order requests from providers and clarification on prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Process scheduled order- fulfillment and facilitate the process of urgent orders to ship as promised
- Provide customers with courteous, friendly, fast and efficient service consistent with the mission and core values of AllCare and its customer service training
- Utilize headset and computer terminal and navigate through multiple systems to input and retrieve information.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and training activities
- Work efficiently both individually and within a team to accomplish required tasks
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of Pharmacy Technician or relative work experience
- Unrestricted license for Registered Pharmacy Technician (RphT) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Previous data entry experience and ability to type 30wpm+
- National (CPhT) Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Experience in specialty pharmacy
- Experience in structured customer service
Business Skills and Knowledge -
- General Management Demonstrate analytic and problem solving skills, and understand the impact of individual decisions on other parts of the organization and the environment.
- Information management An understanding of how technology can be used to promote managerial and clinical efficiency and improve health care delivery. The ability to effectively manage information resources and plan for future needs.
- Quality improvement Application of techniques that continually improve the quality of care provided, patient safety, organizational performance, and the financial health of the organization.
Knowledge of the Health Care Environment -
- Health Care Systems and Organizations Demonstrate an understanding of how the various components of the health care system is organized and financed, and how they interact to deliver medical and health care.
- The Patient’s Perspective Understand the patient experience, demonstrate a commitment to patients’ rights and responsibilities, and ensure that the organization provides a safe environment for patients and their families.
Communication and Relationship Management -
- Relationship Management The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders that are anchored in trust and where decision-making is shared.
- Communication Skills Be able to utilize verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate an organization’s mission, vision, values and priorities to diverse audiences.
- The ability to align personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards that include a responsibility to the patient and community, a service orientation, and a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red