Site Reliability Engineer
Descripción del trabajo
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be joining the Site Reliability Engineering team.
As a member of this team, you will participate in the planning, designing and implementation of many such services. They will work closely with various business units throughout the organization, mostly development teams, to whom the team provides infrastructure in a rigorously defined set of services.
The Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining DMD's cloud-based infrastructure. This involves the use of modern tools and techniques to provision, deploy, configure and monitor a wide array of technologies, from server less web applications to database clusters, traditional web-server farms and more.
The successful candidate must possess a solid foundation of technical knowledge, as well as effective oral and written communication abilities. Written communication is particularly important, given that this is a remote work opportunity. Above and beyond the requisite skill-set, the ideal candidate will take a holistic view towards infrastructure engineering, with the overarching goal of ensuring reliability of operations. Observable, reproducible, scalable and highly reliable infrastructure are of utmost importance and the SRE will endeavor to make this the de facto approach at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud based architecture
- Implement automation, effective monitoring and infrastructure-as-code
- Lead and assist product engineers in creating practical architectural implementation of proposed solutions
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve process
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- At least five years of experience building, managing, and supporting cloud-based IT infrastructure
- In-depth understanding of current security practices
- Thorough knowledge of Unix and/or Linux fundamentals and system administration
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools or technologies (notably Terraform)
- Expertise with public cloud services (notably AWS)
- Solid foundational knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of source control systems and workflow (notably git)
- Knowledge of modern DevOps/SRE practices
- Windows system administration knowledge is a plus, but not required
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red