Consultant, Real World Solutions
Descripción del trabajo
IQVIA is the world leader in the provision of health and pharmaceutical data to the health care sector. Our Real World Solutions department is globally renowned for providing business focused research, conducted to the highest standards.
IQVIA delivers a suite of services to help healthcare stakeholders access and apply real-world evidence for decisions at every stage of the product life cycle. The Real World Solutions team is focused on providing services for Market Access, HEOR, and medical, scientific teams.
Support the delivery of a wide range of client projects in the pharmaceutical and medical device space in Canada, including: market access projects, retrospective patient studies, budget impact analyses, patient journeys, access metrics, and other varied and exciting engagements.
Working with other team members you will:
- Contribute to study design and methodology development
- Assist in the preparation of study protocols and draft reports
- Analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative ‘real-world’ data for deliverables
- Conduct ad-hoc project tasks
- Prepare presentations, abstracts and manuscripts relating to projects for presentation at scientific conferences and submission to scientific journals
- Present results to external clients
Consultants are expected to work with supervision as part of a project team and to take responsibility for timely and high quality delivery of defined tasks
Project management and client liaison responsibilities:
- Assist with overall project management and client management
- Attend client and other external meetings normally accompanied by a colleague
Business development responsibilities:
- Review and analyze client requirements or problems in order to help develop proposals for projects.
- Produce initial drafts of proposals based on client RFPs and supporting information
- 2 years’ experience undertaking database or health outcomes research, or in the pharmaceutical industry in a relevant area such as business analytics, marketing, market access, epidemiology, pharmacovigilance, outcomes research, health economics, RWE/RWD or biostatistics
Experience will generally have been gained in one of the following environments:
- Healthcare Consultancy, Pharmaceutical or other Healthcare Industry, Academic or Governmental Research Organization, Health Services Research setting
Technical skills and knowledge (assets)
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical reimbursement process in Canada
- Conducting analyses in databases and/or registries
- Longitudinal patient level data analysis
- Good understanding of outcomes research theory, and practical knowledge of research project implementation
- Numerate with good quantitative skills
- Competency in using Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- High level of literacy – able to write reports and manuscripts in clear, accurate and concise language
- Understanding and interest in the Canadian and international health care environment
- Experience in programming Visual Basic for Applications within Excel is a plus
- Experience with statistical software (SAS, SPSS, R) is a plus
- Commercial awareness and good understanding of the health technology and pharmaceutical industry, gained through experience
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques related to these areas
Personal skills and behaviors:
- A desire to deliver high quality work and high level communication skills
- Ability to adapt to situations and various social styles
- A team player but with a desire to take a lead and make things happen
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- A good sense of urgency with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Future leadership potential and desire to build a career with a top global corporation
- Desire to constantly learn and take on new challenges
IQVIA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of any applicable prohibited ground of discrimination, including but not limited to race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available at all stages of the recruitment process upon request. If you have a physical impairment or a disability that requires an accommodation, we encourage you to disclose this during the recruiting process so that IQVIA can appropriately accommodate you.
IQVIA est fière d'être un employeur offrant l'égalité des chances et nous nous engageons à créer un environnement diversifié et inclusif. Nous ne pratiquons aucune discrimination fondée sur la base de tout motif de discrimination interdit applicable, y compris, mais sans s'y limiter, la race, la religion, la couleur, l'origine nationale, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'âge, l'état civil ou le handicap. Des accommodements pour les candidats avec un handicap sont disponibles à toutes les étapes du processus de recrutement, sur demande. Si vous souffrez d'une déficience ou d’un handicap physique nécessitant un accommodement, nous vous encourageons à le divulguer lors du processus de recrutement afin qu'IQVIA puisse vous accommoder de manière appropriée.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red