Senior Statistician, Statistical Services, PCS
Descripción del trabajo
IQVIA provides scientific services spanning clinical trials, real world evidence, and consulting in all areas of the product lifecycle. The Patient Centered Solutions (PCS) team leads the industry in breadth and depth of Clinical Outcomes Assessment (COA) and Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) knowledge. Our diverse team of experts works together to develop, deploy, and validate psychometric instruments that capture the patient experience with their treatment or disease, analyze and interpret outcomes, and translate the information to advance the initiatives of life science companies.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You’ll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial, and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Scientific Manager, Statistical Services you will provide day to day oversight of the statistical activities to achieve client expectations through the development, implementation, and delivery of statistical analysis services. You will provide direction and guidance in carrying out project assignments, interfacing with clients and other internal departments, and applying advanced statistical methods to project work.
- Coordinate the development of analysis plans, table shells, programming and table specifications, the production of outputs, data review and statistical analysis.
- Provide expert statistical input into protocol development and perform sample size calculation, protocol and CRF review.
- Provide expert statistical input into and review of statistical deliverables (i.e. analysis plans, table shells, programming and table specifications, data review, tables, listings, figures and statistical sections for integrated reports).
- Provides statistical interpretations and explain statistical methodology.
- Designs, structures, review and delivers statistical reports, technical reports and presentations.
- Assists in managing the scope of the quantitative analysis workstream, including objectives, timelines and quality of deliverables.
- Serves as team lead of the quantitative analysis workstream of projects of complex scope where an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors is required and serves as a client contact on statistical topics.
- Develops abstracts and supports manuscripts development.
- Presents research findings to clients and at professional conferences.
- Assist with the development of strategies on PRO endpoints and regulatory matters.
- Perform the review of RFPs, provides statistical expertise and consulting input into proposals and attend bid defense meetings.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of developments in biostatistics, psychometrics and clinical trial methodology, and regulatory requirements that impact on analyses.
- Provide training, guidance and mentorship to junior and new staff.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of complex statistical methods that apply to Phase I-IV clinical trials (multivariate analysis, regression analysis, logistic analysis, survival analysis, mixed models repeated measures, etc).
- Strong computer skills, including Statistical programs (e.g. SAS, SPSS or R) and MS Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills.
- Excellent attention and accuracy with details.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong individual initiative and problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills and commitment to quality.
- Ability to confidently communicate with and effectively present information to clients, senior management and other departments.
- Ability to work within a matrix team environment and establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology, Bio-informatics or related field.
- A minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 2+ years of experience with programming SAS or R, SPSS or familiarity with implementation of statistical design and analytic methodology in other software.
- Willingness to travel as required.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red