Senior Director, Solution Engineering (Team Leader)
Descripción del trabajo
Senior Director, Solution Engineering (Team Leader) - UK or USA based
Promotes, recommends and sells solutions, products and services to other individuals and organizations.
This includes developing, managing, and implementing sales strategies, identifying potential customers, and cultivating existing customer relationships to close deals.
Sells specific products that may require technical or scientific expertise in a particular area or profession. May be assigned to multiple accounts; however, not the sole relationship manager for these accounts. Works closely with account managers to coordinate the service approach for the client.
Identifies and pursues sales leads; makes sales calls and visits in a geography, industry or product area; concludes orders and arranges internal sales logistics; resolves customer complaints; monitors changing customer needs and competitor activity; and prepares sales targets, budgets and reports.
Establish and manage an effective Solution Engineering program to maximize organizational growth.
Direct solution and sales engineering activities to achieve sales and new business goals from identification through contract award.
Establish and maintain relationships with senior levels within customer organization and within IQVIA.
Provide technical advice and sales support to potential and existing clients. Help IQVIA develop and deliver market leading solutions and capabilities. Establish, grow and manage long-term and profitable relationships.
Assist in RFI/RFP responses and proposals
- Work with management to identify target customers, markets and services that matches the company’s capabilities.
- Participates in the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective and creative solutions which help the customer become more competitive.
- Prioritize current opportunities to align with organization's stated goals and objectives.
- Provide support for standardized and creative proposals in response to customers’ expressed needs. Follow up on proposals to customers.
- Evaluate progress towards new business development and corporate revenue goals.
- Develop relationships with both IQVIA’ traditional customer base and non-traditional/new customers and markets.
- Works directly with sales to help customers understand the technical aspect of IQVIA capabilities and assists in closing business. Maintain an advanced technical understanding of IQVIA service and product offerings and provides “best practice” advice and solutions throughout sales cycle.
- Work across company's service lines and with sales teams to cross-promote and respond to RFPs as well as develop internal relationships needed to create solutions designed using multiple services. Facilitate marketing and strategic links amongst company business lines.
- Handle customer inquiries and requests for information from both internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Support sales and marketing services by attending, participating and speaking at trade shows and industry conferences.
- Identify and provide strategic information to support solution and sales engineering annual plans.
- Establish and manage an effective solution and sales engineering program to maximize organization growth.
- Provide direction and serve as a resource for solution and sales engineering staff members, including performance management, career progression, and professional development.
- Utilize established industry network to assist junior staff in relationship development and to identify potential business opportunities.
- Continuously monitor status of Customer Account Plans and business targets to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Collaborate with Senior Management and functional managers as needed identify operations team members for proposal defense meetings.
- Actively participates in proposal preparation meetings and/or proposal defense meetings as needed.
- Represent respective Solution Engineering Team to Senior Management on key business updates related to sales activities.
- Research and identify target markets, build relationships, perform in-depth presentations and strategic analysis.
- Ensure that the solution and sales engineering team members are sufficiently trained to meet their job objectives.
Required Education and Experience
- Experience leading teams is a must
- 10-15 years relevant industry experience (CRO/Pharmaceutical), and/or sales experience, including 10 years of management responsibility
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead multiple job areas, the ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches.
- Proven track record at developing mid-level and high-level contacts.
- Solid understanding of the principles of drug discovery and development.
- Demonstrate ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Strategic business and industry awareness and the ability to translate emerging industry trends relevant to the organization.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience and ability to progressively coach and mentor employees.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red