Associate Principal Scientist - Large Molecules
Descripción del trabajo
- Design and execute large molecule bioanalytical and identification studies (PTMs, de novo) of different scaffolds (peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides, mAbs. ADCs etc) and support of drug discovery and development studies.
- Demonstrate laboratory expertise with large molecule biologic assays (skills in protein purification and characterization, mammalian tissue processing, cell-based assays etc.) aimed at drug discovery and development.
- Develop methods including sample preparation, chromatography and mass spectrometry approaches for the detection and quantitation of compounds; work with Thermo and Waters HRMS platforms.
- Communicate with clients regarding progress on scientific and operational objectives.
- Work with management to set work plans, goals and metrics to build this service.
- Prepare and presents project data and supporting information. Contributes to and reviews technical reports.
- Attends scientific meetings and client visits to promote organization’s LCMS Biologics business.
- Train less experienced scientific co-workers, when necessary, to support growth of LCMS Biologics service.
- Oversee daily management of intra- and inter-organizational relationships to ensure timely completion of projects in accordance with customer specification.
- Provide frequent communication of project status with clients.
- Work with the project leader or senior leader to design & execute study strategy, maintain study schedule and focus to produce quality deliverables.
- Work with key clients to implement this service in accordance with their expectations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Pharmacy or a related field with at least 8 years’ progressively responsible related experience OR
- Master’s degree with at least 5 years or equivalent combination of education OR
- Ph.D. is preferred with at least 3 years’ experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation.
- Understanding of all routine laboratory procedures.
- Understanding of development/validation of methodology.
- Understanding of wet-laboratory sample extraction.
- Ability to interact with clients, and work to objectives/timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain clear and efficient method development documentation.
- Ability to provide verbally communicated or draft procedures.
- Advanced understanding of nano-flow chromatography and modern quadrupole or orbitrap mass spectrometry instrumentation, development/validation of methodology, biological sample preparation, interpreting of data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red