Senior Director, Regulatory Science & Strategy
Descripción del trabajo
As a Regulatory Science and Strategy Sr. Director within Real World Solutions group, you will take on a variety of roles that focus primarily within the following core areas: Regulatory and Real World Thought Leadership, Regulatory practice and brand building, business development, and operational leadership. The focus of a Sr. Director is to develop and support Regulatory Science and Strategy capabilities, deliver outstanding client service, while building trusted relationships with new and existing clients that enhance the IQVIA brand. Success will be measured by the ability to take on larger role in building the various aspects of the Regulatory Strategy practice and delivering complex projects, while opening new business relationships to IQVIA.
As a Sr. Director, you will interface internally and externally to promote regulatory strategy practice, develop business opportunities, and deliver projects ensuring that delivery results are at high levels of client satisfaction.
- Develop and deliver insightful, value-added regulatory strategies that address use of clinical and real-world data, methods, or tools for regulatory decision making.
- Create and elevate new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identify new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organizations.
- Lead the regulatory science activities. Ensure a robust process to monitor the external regulatory environment and to identify and communicate new or emerging information that is relevant to IQVIA innovative offerings and to our clients’ needs.
- Shape and influence regulatory strategy to benefit client, based on emerging regulatory frameworks, scientific innovation, and IQVIA’s capabilities.
- Act as Director owner of client engagements; ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high levels of quality/added value.
- Provide follow-up with clients after project deliverables have been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Allocate direction, advice, and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams.
- Provide high level input and ensure development of client deliverables and presentations.
- Ability to deliver all or significant portions of findings to clients.
- Lead thought leadership and IQVIA regulatory science brand building initiatives.
- Remain current on emerging regulatory frameworks, pivotal regulatory decisions, and industry trends in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues with assigned clients.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and insight to the Regulatory Science and Strategy organization.
- Participate in annual performance review team processes.
- Engage in recruitment and selection of new staff.
- Mentor, coach, and share subject matter expertise with others to help develop individuals and capabilities delivering world-class solutions for clients.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a track record of success across the majority of the following competencies:
- Regulatory Science Leadership - Proven ability to provide regulatory thought leadership and experience of representing a company as a regulatory though lead through working on variety of client and industry wide initiatives.
- Client Relationship Management and Delivery - Owner of client engagements within Life Sciences organizations, focused on client satisfaction and outstanding client deliverables. Proven capability to identify new revenue opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Team Development/Management - Proven skills in identifying, recruiting, mentoring/coaching, and retaining top talent for CONSULTING SERVICES practice teams.
- Business Development - Proven success selling complex strategy and operations engagements to the top Pharma/Life Sciences companies. Actively participate in proposal development and ongoing pre-sales meetings with potential new client organizations.
- Regulated Medical Product Experience - Ability to speak in detail with CEOs, COOs, and CMOs about FDA and other regulatory bodies requirements, guidelines, and expectations, in a meaningful manner with depth of content knowledge, including emerging trends that will shape business planning activities
- Senior Level Solution Selling - Proven ability to build relationships, identify client pain points, and develop custom solutions at the CEO/COO/CMO level (ideally providing comprehensive and authoritative knowledge in brand/commercial services solutions demonstrated through speaking, writing, and general eminence).
- International Experience - Has the experience to craft client brand and commercial strategies that are specific with regard to international geography.
- Communications/Executive Presence - Expresses ideas in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to target audience with the gravitas to build relationships to sell services and recruit practitioners.
- Industry Trends - Maintains a constant focus on regulators, industry, and client trends in the life sciences industry. Applies this knowledge to both active client engagements and business/client development activities.
- Commercial Awareness - Considers flow of money and resources through an organization, and the need to get maximum value at each stage. Seeks to achieve commercial objectives, such as profitability, so the business can be as competitive and successful as possible.
- Cooperative Teamwork - Builds supportive relationships within a team, based on trust and respect. Requires listening to others, adapts to other people's different work styles and focuses on shared goals. Willing to challenge others and accepts challenges as a way of getting the best results for the team.
- Coping with Pressure - A positive attitude in stressful situations or following failures. Ability to manage one’s own emotions, willing to take on challenging tasks, and energy to remain focused on those tasks when presented with obstacles.
- Customer Focus - Develops strong, lasting relationships with clients. Possesses desire to understand and satisfy customers’ needs and exceed expectations whenever possible. Concern with clients inside or outside the organization; internal customers may be other departments or individuals from the same organization.
- Decision-Making - Makes clear, appropriate decisions. Performs with incomplete or ambiguous information, and while under time pressure. Resilience in making unpopular decisions when necessary and taking responsibility for outcomes and impacts of those decisions.
- Flexibility - Responds well to change. Positive attitude towards change and a readiness to adapt when presented with new information, new situations or shifting priorities.
- Influencing - Balances the need to shape outcomes in short term while maintaining successful long-term relationships. Knows how to motivate and inspire to achieve a common goal and demonstrates key strategic negotiation tactics. Uses personal and professional contacts to influence people across teams or organizations.
- Innovation - Turns creative ideas into original solutions. Produces new or different approaches in current situations and enables creativity in others. Involved in generating ideas and seeing them through to implementation.
- Management of Others - Enables others to perform. Sets a clear direction and delegates fairly and appropriately allowing direct reports the means to achieve their goals. Looks for opportunities to develop individuals by encouraging them to take on greater responsibility and make decisions for themselves.
- Planning and organizing - Establishes and prioritizes tasks and objectives in order to manage time and resources appropriately. Sets deadlines based on the time required, and on how each part of the plan affects others. Prepares backup plans in case the sit
- Strategic Vision - Creates a clear view of the future of the business. Considers the long-term goals of the organization and defines the strategy to achieve this. Takes into account the current environment in which the business operates and anticipates future changes or challenges for the organization.
- Technological Orientation - Shows comfort and aptitude using technology in order to reach goals more efficiently, and to a higher standard of quality. Welcomes advancements in technology and is willing to understand and implement them. Uses technology appropriately and helps others to appreciate and understand the benefits of using technology.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining IQVIA Consulting Services as a Director should have:
- A strong academic track record including a PhD in a relevant field
- At least 10 years professional experience in life sciences advisory, consulting, medical product industry.
- Experience of working with and at FDA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience focused on regulatory science along with the use of real-world data and real-world evidence across product lifecycle, including study design
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries
- A strong track record of management, leadership, and people development
- A willingness and ability to travel to client locations
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Right to live and work in the recruiting country
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red