Therapeutic Strategy Director
Descripción del trabajo
Home - Based in the US
We have a growing number of business areas within IQVIA in therapeutic spaces that require a specific level of experience for early engagement and to create a winning strategy. We are looking for a Therapeutic Strategy Lead who is experienced in global clinical trial development and can support customer engagement and responses to proposals.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, consultative leader responsible for driving early engagement and proposals aligned with client needs in collaboration with the business development and other stakeholders. TSL will serve as a therapeutic and operational strategy expert throughout the new business and program/project delivery lifecycle to increase IQVIAs therapeutic market share with early engagement and innovative strategic responses to proposals.
This pivotal role represents and demonstrates IQVIA’s credibility with clients, furthering the R&DS business by designing market-leading solutions to secure new projects. Drawing on dedicated proposal development, technical and scientific support, the TSL will be expected to lead cross-functional teams in designing such solutions and ensuring projects are set up to be successful from proposal development through to award. The TSL will take ownership of high-level client relationships for the specified engagements in close collaboration with the sales and account team, with ultimate responsibility for securing business, client satisfaction, project margin, and differentiating IQVIA.
Business Growth and Client Engagement:
- Leverage IQVIA medical, scientific, operational and data science experts to determine the optimal solution, project design and lead a cross-functional team in proposal development through to award
- Assigned to take ownership of developing client-centric solutions, designing both strategic and methodological approaches to ensure that IQVIA secures client projects
- Champion and advocate the CORE-powered solutions and include existing and new innovative solutions as applicable and appropriate through the sales process. This may include, but is not limited to, stand-alone programs and projects, requests for information (RFI), capabilities, and early engagement.
- As a leader of the pre-award strategy team, the TSL is accountable and responsible for creation of innovative, effective, and compelling therapeutic and operational strategies that client differentiate IQVIA from its competitors.
- Work with key internal stakeholders and pre/post-award teams to analyze information and data that enables development of efficient and feasible delivery solutions. This may include, but is not limited to, protocol feasibility and risk management, assessment and management of the competitive landscape, optimal country and site distributions, site and patient recruitment strategies, monitoring and vendor strategies.
- Actively support Sales in the preparation and conduct of client and bid defense meetings e.g. training and preparation of the assigned project team; provide specific content; ensure presentation focus and content effectively conveys project strategy and critical win themes. Attend and present at client meetings, or bid defense meetings, as required, (based on the strategy for selling the opportunity).
Strategy Translation and Post Award Support
- Translate the sold strategy to the delivery team and be an available resource for the delivery team when changes to strategy are required.
- Provide post award strategy guidance and support to delivery teams if in-flight studies require changes to strategy
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Remain up to date with knowledge and information that supports effectiveness as a Therapeutic Strategy Lead e.g. understanding IQVIA’ services, tools and product offerings, status and trends in assigned TA(s), innovations and advances in clinical trial methodology, and business intelligence.
- Broad protocol and therapeutic knowledge
- Comprehensive global knowledge, awareness, and practical understanding of the biopharma industry, drug development lifecycle and operational clinical trial delivery
- Robust and current knowledge of scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial and competitive landscape in applicable therapeutic area
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work with minimal supervision, and lead a virtual team in a matrix organization.
- Flexible and able to work in situations where specifications may or may not be well defined and willing to support work in other therapeutic areas when required
- Confident and capable in the use of technology, applications, and other media e.g. databases and internet to research new opportunities, maintain currency of therapeutic and operational knowledge, and competitive landscape.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, advanced degree preferred, with extensive knowledge of therapeutic areas nd 10+ years’ global clinical research experience, including hands on Phase I operational delivery and/or drug development experience. Proven track record in operational delivery and/or drug development; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have extensive experience with Clinical Operations and Clinical Project Management.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red