Senior Project Financial Analyst
Descripción del trabajo
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages overall internal controls for N. America, audit process and coordination, in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and ASC 606 standards;
- Manages the analysis of expense projections and reporting, working with various Project Finance Managers to provide month-to-month variance analyses;
- Records revenue each month for Estimate at Completion, Unit, Fee for Service and Fixed Price contracts; Assignments include more complex contracts/projects;
- Maintains projects in PeopleSoft, including Project Setup, Budget and change in scope, Invoice Forecasting;
- Prepares project level actual versus budget/forecast variance analysis monthly as well as monthly reports for distribution in analyzing monthly results;
- Coordinates monthly forecasting of financial results;
- Provides Sponsor reporting and accruals when needed
- Meets established deadlines for Revenue and Backlog submittals;
- Monitors the overall financial health of assigned projects including but not limited to revenue, realization, contribution margin, and unbilled/unearned amounts as well as project close outs and invoicing reconciliations;
- Reviews pending Work Orders and Change Orders for profitability as well as for contingent revenue;
- Assesses and manages cash neutrality for each project; identifies and negotiates revised payment terms with customers;
- Serves as a key contact point for identifying financial issues and execute mitigating actions of assigned projects for Project Manager(s)/Project Lead(s) by running project level reports;
- Attends and actively participates in Project Review Meetings to ensure understanding/concurrence of project status and potential financial issues;
- Assists Director of Finance with other miscellaneous projects such as assessing changes to processes; assists in new system implementations and testing;
- Acts as back up for Manager, Project Finance and Director of Finance in supporting and responding to requests received from project managers and others as needed;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients;
- Ensures Sarbanes Oxley Compliance;
- Provides Finance Audit Support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Project Finance experience required;
- Knowledge of Estimate at Completion revenue methodology and accounting standards
- At least 5 years Pharmaceutical or CRO experience required;
- Experience with PeopleSoft Finance and Reporting preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and healthy working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
- Knowledge of revenue recognition, variance analysis, unbilled/unearned and cash flow management, and backlog forecasting
- Proficiency with accounting software packages;
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines
- Excellent financial, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills, with exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and organization;
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines is necessary;
- Demonstrates ability to work with confidential and sensitive data.
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BA/BS degree in Business/Accounting/Finance with 5 years of accounting or project finance experience.
Project Financial Accounting experience in the Pharmaceutical or CRO industry required
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red