Head of Avacare
Descripción del trabajo
IQVIA is changing an entire industry through inspired innovation. Our People make the difference. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. Great products come from great ideas. And great ideas come from great people. We look for the very best people and then give them meaningful work to do. Join IQVIA and help us make the world a better place.
Avacare is a US based SMO that is looking to expand both nationally and internationally. As an SMO leader, the individual will have broad responsibilities for operational delivery of the research sites including site growth in terms of operational capabilities including broadening of TA areas and geographic locations while increasing awarded study volumes to the network from sponsors. The Avacare Leader will develop growth plans to identify, evaluate and contract with additional sites to join the Avacare network. The Avacare Leader will achieve growth plans by building effective relationships with the primary research clinic executive teams. In addition, the Avacare Leader will build relationships with accountable care organizations in the US and Trust in European countries to achieve site network growth goals. The Avacare Leader will implement effective quality management programs to ensure high quality generation of patient data at each location and each research site. The Avacare Leader will also oversee continuous improvement processes to reduce burden or operational challenges for enrolled sites. The Avacare Leader will be a key contributor to the GPSS leadership team and improve collaboration with the broader IQVIA operational groups by building an effective global research network including high performing research clinics across a broad therapeutic and geographic footprint.
• Grow Avacare network in US and Europe
• Develop method to identify and evaluate new site additions to the Avacare network to ensure meeting goals for growth in revenue, EBITDA and network sise
• Serves as relationship owner for Avacare network member medical groups and associated ACO.
• Form strong relationships with executive of current sites which are part of the Avacare network and develop relationships with executives from new sites in network to ensure growth in PI capabilities and scope while maintaining regulator compliance.
• P&L ownership for Avacare business
• Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
• Direct the hiring and selection process for a function/ (sub-) region or office and work collaboratively with senior management to set targets for recruitment and retention across roles.
• Contribute to the formulation of effective strategic goals for Site Management operations across (sub-) regions. Take ownership for strategic initiatives within assigned unit of accountability including development of measures for success.
• Provide leadership to ensure service offerings meet or exceed customer expectations. Ensure the improvement of the execution of Site Management processes.
• Manage operational delivery to achieve outputs to pre-defined targets.
• Contribute to the provision of strategic leadership and approval for the resourcing process and outcomes, hiring targets and processes and onboarding and training standards.
• Provide a leadership role in resourcing process through continual evaluation of existing and future resource alternatives, pro-active planning and collaboration with Site Management leadership and operational peers.
• Evaluate regional/functional workload, quality and budget metrics through regular review and reporting of findings. Collaborate with senior management and other functional leadership to improve efficiencies, project outcomes and quality metrics for Site Management projects.
• Act as a coach and mentor for managers as they develop in their role. Work collaboratively with client representatives and other functional (site management) leadership to manage project related challenges and to achieve exemplary customer service.
• Pro-actively plan for appropriate Site Management operations budget consumption and guide line managers in managing variances and in developing corrective fiscal action plans.
• Effectively communicate and describe all Site Management service offerings to internal and external customers.
• Ensure quality and regulatory appropriateness and acceptance of all service offerings.
• Lead corporate or departmental quality or process improvement initiatives. Act as a client liaison for Site Management function.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead multiple job areas, the ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches.
Bachelor's Degree, Health care or other scientific discipline or educational equivalent
Additional Work Experience
12 yrs of relevant industry experience with 8 years of experience in a leadership capacity or Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge of the drug development processes and in depth knowledge of Site Management processes and practices.
Expert ability to analyze metrics and information; ensuring activities and strategies are data driven
Knowledge and ability to apply GCP/ICH and applicable regulatory guidelines
Knowledge of clinical research financial parameters and project financial tracking and accounting methods
Strong leadership skills
Effective presentation skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of English
Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
Effective time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red