Principal, Emerging Methods and Solutions
Descripción del trabajo
IQVIA Real-World Solutions (RWS) teams work with clients worldwide to help them use complex, clinically rich, patient-level healthcare datasets to answer their specific research questions, make more informed decisions, and deliver results. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, and constantly looking for opportunities to harness the value of Real-World Evidence (RWE) in a constantly evolving industry.
Specifically, you will be working in the RWS Emerging Methods and Solutions (EMS) Team. This is a multi-disciplinary team focused on innovative data generation approaches for real world studies, including patient-mediated data collection, leveraging EMR data for EDC pre-population and lighter-touch long term follow-up. The EMS team partners across the organization to design and deliver studies utilizing novel data collection methods and strategies, establish new internal and external data partnerships and pilot new initiatives to establish proof of concept and value to internal and external stakeholders.
The content area of the team encompasses a broad range of activities related to EMS:
- Geographic data source and technical assessments to support capability expansion.
- Enhancing data management and analysis capabilities of both primary collected information and existing databases.
- Proactive business development, including development of proposals.
- Supporting multi-country study delivery.
- Development of standard processes.
- Thought leadership.
- Budget tracking.
As a Principal Emerging Methods and Solutions, you will join a high profile, talented and fast paced team, responsible for the development and delivery of innovative study methodology. You must thrive in a collaborative environment where you can leverage globally extensive real-world data assets of IQVIA to accelerate new business growth, as well as in-depth expertise in areas such as observational research, epidemiology and data management.
You will be part of the Leadership Team for EMS, which creates and executes the strategy for capability building as well as driving market demand. You will be expected to achieve business targets through proactive and reactive client engagements with a focus on deployment of EMS. You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and subject matter expertise for project delivery, acting as a liaison between the proposal and project delivery teams. Both study delivery and offering development activities will also entail ownership of budget, profitability and utilization rate of teams. You will be responsible for people leadership and development for junior members of the EMS team.
The successful Principal will, in parallel, drive revenue growth and expand or enhance the IQVIA EMS capability through strategic planning and high-quality execution of all responsibilities.
As a Principal, you will be responsible for business development driving EMS studies revenue growth, delivery oversight for client studies, strategic leadership and oversight for select capability development activities and team development.
Client engagement responsibilities:
- Proactively engage clients to drive new EMS opportunities and build awareness of innovative solutions.
- Create winning proposals, including decision making on overall study design and use of IQVIA systems/processes to gain resources and information needed to deliver proposal.
- Lead junior teams for development of necessary supporting documents for business development opportunities.
- Engage and build trusted working relationship with IQVIA sales teams to identify and convert new opportunities.
- Provide oversight and subject matter expertise for EMS on won studies, coordinating with study project managers and cross-functional delivery teams.
- Develop complete understanding of IQVIA real-world data portfolio.
Development project responsibilities:
- Lead multiple workstreams for the development of capabilities that will advance the EMS capabilities, providing guidance and oversight to junior teams.
- Responsible for investment budget including reporting and tracking in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Identify and work closely with cross-functional IQVIA teams to ensure best leverage of organizational expertise for solution delivery.
- Lead engagement with external parties (non-IQVIA) for opportunities to partner or acquire capability.
- Present at conferences and symposiums to advance the EMS thought leadership program.
Business and people leadership responsibilities:
- Participate in the strategic direction setting and decision making as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Fill role as EMS subject expert as part of external and internal forums; able to present spectrum of EMS and discuss trade-offs in design.
- In collaboration with Leadership Team, develop/update investment planning to secure development budgets.
- Coaching, mentoring and the development of more junior employees as well as participating in recruitment activities. May include line management.
- Promote team environment by encouraging cross-functional assignments across multiple geographies and challenging team thinking.
Skills and Experience
Candidates interested in joining as a Principal, Emerging Methods and Solutions will have:
- Able to quickly problem solve and assess client opportunities to drive towards best study design approaches tailored to the specific research questions and needs of the client.
- Able to thrive within ambiguity of an evolving offering and create path forward for specific development plans.
- Able to create and populate evaluation frameworks to support evidence driven decision making on development portfolio.
- Experience managing teams to deliver client work to high quality standards, within budgets and agreed timelines
- Proven ability to advance ambiguous or conceptual ideas and engage multiple stakeholders, internal and client, to decision points.
- Leadership experience in complex organizations with demonstrated results in aligning people without formal reporting relationships.
- Experience working with real-world data set, specifically electronic medical records and/or health claims data.
- Word and PowerPoint competent, the ability to develop clear storylines and business cases.
In addition, it will be advantageous if candidates have the following skills:
- Leadership experience in healthcare with focus on real-world data and research studies; as a senior role within industry organization or responsible for engaging senior leaders as clients.
- MPH/PhD in Epidemiology
- Experience designing and delivering large scale observational studies.
- A track record of thought leadership, publications and public speaking.
- Offering development experience – familiarity with accepted innovations models e.g. open innovation, ideation, product platforming, immersion or similar would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools, and techniques.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red