Software Development Manager
Descripción del trabajo
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The Software Development Manager oversees the design, development and maintenance of the Department’s business applications. The Software Development Manager directs the work of subordinate software development staff in support of new software modules, enhancements, defect remediation, bug fixes to ensure new and existing software applications meet business objectives. The Software Development Manger is responsible for hiring and training new staff, manage and evaluate existing developers, provide guidance on the design and implementation of new software applications, and ensure that projects stay on schedule and within budget.
Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing , coaching and process execution.
Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Researches product development options and provides analysis for product direction;
- Develop new/enhance existing business applications including analysis, design, prototyping, coding, training and documentation;
- Conduct design reviews with business unit leaders and system champions, providing guidance, technical solution development and feasibility analysis;
- Work with IT and business test groups to support quality and acceptance testing;
- Communicate and document status to project leadership;
- System maintenance including bug-fixes and minor updates;
- Adherence to established software development life cycle methodology and internal controls governing Change Management; Other duties as assigned;
- Supervisory Responsibilities: his position has supervisory responsibility for the Department’s team of software developers; Manages and directs staff of software developers.
- Evaluates employee performance, sets expectations and goals for department and individual staff members, recruits, disciplines and trains staff;
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress and assignment of development tasks to staff
Work Experience required
- 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience leading a team of software developers;
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience with .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#;
- React.js is a preferred;
- 3 years experience developing REST APIs, XML and JSON is preferred;
- 3 years experience with security frameworks e.g. ASP.NET Identity, OAuth, Keycloak is preferred;
- .NET Core, Blazor, object relational mapping (ORM) framework, Docker containers is a plus;
- Telerik UI web controls, AJAX
- Object oriented programming using Visual Studio IDE;
- Amazon Webservices S3 (Simple Storage Service) ;
- Integrating with Microsoft Reporting services;
- Test-driven development e.g. NUnit;
- Centralized and distributed source control management systems e.g. TFS, GIT;
- Continuous integration systems e.g. Jenkins, Hudson ;
- Developing in Microservices Architecture is a plus;
- Experience with Clinical Trials industry is a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced written and oral English language communication skills
- Confident self-starter able to take a project through the development life cycle to completion;
- Strong technical acumen in the development and support of business applications and application program interfaces (APIs);
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation best practices;
- Strong leadership skills to drive team performance to stated objectives;
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Works equally well alone or as part of a group to meet hard deadlines;
- Ability to organize and present information in clear and concise formats
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red