Descripción del trabajo
Responsible for assisting senior laboratory staff with a variety of routine laboratory procedures. Assists laboratory in processing, storage and retrieval of specimens.
• Provides administrative and technical support to the lab.
• Maintains glassware for the laboratory
• washes, rinses, dries, distributes and stores glassware such as test tubes, beakers, flasks and cylinder
• Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of work areas including disinfecting workbenches, materials, equipment and other laboratory areas.
• Prepares and sterilizes laboratory supplies, equipment and other materials.
• Responsible for tube labeling and preparation.
• Facilitates post-analysis storage and sample banking.
• May conduct routine equipment maintenance.
• May make simple buffers for lab prep.
• May be responsible for lab area organization.
• Assists in maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Assists with supply inventory functions and general clean up of laboratory workstations.
• Participates in continuing education through self study and attendance of meetings.
• Supports safety, quality, and 6S requirements and initiatives.
• Complies with company's procedures and regulatory requirements, as applicable.
Minimum required education and experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• 0-6 months of relevant work experience preferred
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Basic knowledge of practices and principles used in the laboratory.
• Basic knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
• Basic knowledge of general rules for safe exposure to chemical and blood borne pathogens.
• Basic knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures and hazardous waste management.
• Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology.
• Basic Computer skills.
• Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red