Associate Director, Clinical Operations
Descripción del trabajo
Atlanta (Zip code 30342)
Direct a team of clinical staff working in support of clinical studies to ensure projects are appropriately resourced and employees are trained and meeting project objectives. Work with senior leadership in formulating effective strategic goals and objectives for designated organization and assures operational alignment with organization priorities.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work
• appraising performance and guiding professional development
• rewarding and disciplining employees
• addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems.
• Direct the hiring and selection process for clinical staff by participating in the interviewing process. Ensure that new employees are properly onboarded and trained.
• Ensure that staff has the proper materials, systems access and training to complete job responsibilities. Provide oversight for the execution of the training plan, SOP review and training experiences, as applicable.
• Allocate resources to clinical research projects by assigning staff to clinical studies that are appropriate based on their experience and training.
• May participate in coordinated resourcing process. Manage the quality of assigned staff's clinical work through regular review and evaluation of work product. This review may include review of written materials, soliciting internal and external customer feedback, and review of project assignment completion.
• Identifies quality risks and issues and create appropriate corrective action plans.
• Ensure that staff is meeting defined workload, quality and budget metrics through regular review and reporting of findings as outlined by senior management.
• May collaborate with other regional and/or global clinical and client teams and other functional leadership to manage project related challenges and to achieve exemplary customer service.
• Participates in corporate or organizational quality or process improvement initiatives.
• May act as a client liaison in day-to-day relationship governance, escalations and other client-facing initiatives.
• May manage other managers.
• Bachelor's Degree Degree in scientific discipline or health care preferred. Required
• At least 7 years prior clinical trial experience including experience in a management/leadership capacity or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements (i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines).
• Knowledge of clinical research financial parameters and project financial tracking and accounting methods.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Computer skills including proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Written and verbal communication skills including good command of English.
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
• Effective time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Únase a la red de talentos de IQVIA
Regístrese hoy y le informaremos cuando haya puestos disponibles que coincidan con sus intereses profesionales.Únase a nuestra red